In this article we will take a look at some of the best chosen overhead drum mics . We would recommend using Audio-Technica AT2021 Cardioid Condenser Microphone as it is a high-quality product
Top 9 overhead drum mics – Our Choices
Top overhead drum mics review
Audio-Technica AT2021 Cardioid Condenser Microphone
- Condenser design for studio-quality vocal and instrument applications; ideal for acoustic guitar, overheads, piano and group vocals
- Excels in high-SPL applications with extended response for smooth, natural sonic characteristics
- Low-mass element for superb transient response
- Corrosion-resistant contacts from gold-plated XLRM-type connector
- Rugged design and construction for reliable performance
AxcessAbles MB-W Professional Heavy Duty Studio Microphone Boom Stand with Locking Wheels. 8ft Max Extension, 6ft8" in Height. Ideal for Filming, Studio, Shotgun, Overhead Drum Mics.
- ★ The 180 degree wheel joint allows you to smoothly rotate the boom pole in any vertical or horizontal directly and lock it in place with the tightening handle.
- ★ Boom pole length: 4' 5" – 8' 2" (fully extended).
- ★ Stand height : 4' 2" (50 inches) – 6' 10" (82 inches).
- ★ 1.5" and 1" metal tube construction for stability and durability.
- ★ 2.5 lb moveable counterweight keeps the stand balanced.
Rode M5-MP Matched Pair Cardioid Condenser Microphones
- Compact 1/2 inch cardioid condenser microphone with low noise and a full frequency response
- Matched pair has been carefully selected to ensure a variation of no more than 1dB sensitivity betwe
- A premium foiled certificate is supplied to verify the authenticity of the pair
- Finished with RODE's proprietary ceramic coating which offers a sleek matt black finish
- Supplied with WS5 windshields and RM5 stand mounts
Shure SM81-LC Cardioid Condenser Instrument Microphone
- 0 Hz to 20 kHz frequency response
- Selectable low-frequency response: flat 6 or 18 dB/octave rolloff
Samson C02 Pencil Condenser Microphones (Pair)
4 used from $107.99
- Cardioid Pickup Pattern
- Gold-plated XLR connectors
- Carry Case & shock-mounted mic clips included
- Sold as stereo pair
Samson DK707 7-Piece Drum Microphone Kit + Tripod Base Mic Boom Stand + Ultimate Low-Level Tripod Mic Stand + 7 XLR Mic Cables 20 ft.+ Strapeez, Black - Ultimate Accessory Bundle
1 used from $339.98
- This Photo4Less Top Value Kit Includes: Samson DK707 Drum Mic 7-piece Kit
- 2x Tripod Base Mic Stand with Fixed Boom - Op/Tech Strapeez, Black
- Ultimate Support MCTB50 Low-Level Tripod Mic Stand with Telescoping Boom,7 x -XLR Mic Cable 20 ft.
- 4 x Q72 Instrument Microphones - 2 x C02 Pencil Condenser Microphones - Q71 Kick Drum Microphone - 7 x Swivel-Style Mic Adapters
- Samson's DK707 7-Piece Drum Microphone Kit is a collection of professional quality microphones designed to provide excellent sound for close-mic performance and recording environments
Shure PG Alta 5-Piece Drum Microphone Kit for Performing and Recording Drummers, includes Mics, Mounts and Cables with options for Kick Drum, Snare and Tom (PGADRUMKIT5)
- 1x PGA52 Cardioid Dynamic Kick Drum Microphone
- 3x PGA56 Cardioid Dynamic Snare/Tom Microphones
- 1x PGA57 Cardioid Dynamic Instrument Microphone
- 1x A25D Break-resistant Microphone Clip
- 3x AP56DM Break-resistant Drum Rim Mounts
Sennheiser Pro Audio E604 Dynamic Cardioid Instrument Microphone Kit, 3-Pack
- Three microphones included in this package.
- High sound level handling
- Transparent and dynamic signal response
- Lightweight voice coil
Shure DMK57-52 4-Piece Drum Microphone Kit
- The industry standard for snare and a reliable high-performing choice for toms
- Perfect for the kick drum this mic derives low-end punch and sonic presence from a carefully tailored frequency response.
- This universal drum mount system can be used to position mics virtually anywhere
The best overhead drum mics brands
One of the things we suggest to most of our readers is to buy the overhead drum mics from a well-known brand. Good brands provide, good quality products, great customer support, and have service centers in different places around the country. Regarding the overhead drum mics I have a preference for the products of the brands listed below.
How to choose the best overhead drum mics
There are some things you should consider when buying a overhead drum mics. We spent 22 hours researching the most important things you should consider when buying a overhead drum mics. So should we start with the list of things you should consider?
1. Budget and price matching
Make a list of the things you want in your overhead drum mics and the price you are willing to pay for it. So try to look for a product in that price range and choose the one that appeals to you the most. One tip we would like to give you is: don’t settle for a cheaper product if it doesn’t even have a function you need.
Most overhead drum micss fall within the price range of $ 89 to $ 299. Therefore, if budget is not a problem and you want the best product for your needs, we advise you to choose the Audio-Technica AT2021 Cardioid Condenser Microphone.
If you want something medium range, choose Shure SM81-LC Cardioid Condenser Instrument Microphone. If you have a very low budget, you can choose the one that is the Shure PG Alta 5-Piece Drum Microphone Kit for Performing and Recording Drummers, includes Mics, Mounts and Cables with options for Kick Drum, Snare and Tom (PGADRUMKIT5)
2. Does it have all the features you need?
Most importantly, the overhead drum mics you are purchasing should have all the features you are looking for. In case you don’t even have one, don’t buy! We are saying this because you will not be able to use it for that purpose. If you are a person without budget problems, I would suggest you to choose the best model which is Shure PG Alta 5-Piece Drum Microphone Kit for Performing and Recording Drummers, includes Mics, Mounts and Cables with options for Kick Drum, Snare and Tom (PGADRUMKIT5)
3. The brand
Buying the overhead drum mics from a reputable brand can actually make sense. Not only will it be better than others in terms of “build quality”, but it will also have some extra features, better customer support. Famous brands have multiple service centers across the country, so if you have any problems you can simply take your overhead drum mics to one of their service centers.
4. Warranty Matters!
When you buy a overhead drum mics from a well-known brand, you will get a guarantee. Low-cost products also come with warranties, but the claim process could be tougher. That’s why I always suggest you buy the product from a reputed brand and the one that comes under warranty. It will save you from repair costs in the future. On average, around 21% of people end up paying 40% of the product price for the service! You can save on service costs if the product is under warranty!
5. Check out our website
On our website we have experts in all categories and no matter what the product is, we have a better review or list about it. The products on our list are based on expert picks, advice and hours of research. That’s why when you buy something that’s listed on our best list, you won’t regret it. However, there is a possibility that we may not have covered the product you might be interested in, but if you come across something like this, please let us know via comments or contact us.
What is the best overhead drum mics?
The best overhead drum mics is the one that has all the features that meet your needs. I think the best is Audio-Technica AT2021 Cardioid Condenser Microphone
Are there any good deals on overhead drum mics?
In the offline market, you won’t find many offers. However, I have chosen the best overhead drum mics and have added links to Amazon which has deals and deals running on a regular basis.
What is the cheapest overhead drum mics?
Although most of the cheaper overhead drum mics do not have many features, but if you are looking for the best one at a low cost, my best bet would be on Shure PG Alta 5-Piece Drum Microphone Kit for Performing and Recording Drummers, includes Mics, Mounts and Cables with options for Kick Drum, Snare and Tom (PGADRUMKIT5)
Where can I buy the overhead drum mics?
There are several places where you can buy it, but in my opinion, when it comes to the online marketplace, I wouldn’t recommend anything other than Amazon. It’s because their service is great!
Why should you trust our website?
We have been in the review business for more than 15 years and our motive is to help people buy the top rated products at the best price. We went through 22 to help you find the best overhead drum mics
We hope you liked the overhead drum micss that we have listed in our best list. If it was helpful, bookmark our site and share it with people you know whenever they intend to buy something.
To conclude this guide,